“Work is not man’s punishment. It is his reward and his strength and his pleasure.” - George Sand
If you believe what the majority of us do, you may think that most people don’t enjoy their jobs. However, the truth is that many people do; they have just forgotten. Many people begin a career with enthusiasm and anticipation, only to discover down the road that their dreams have been crushed by corporate rules.
Changing the way you think and using positive thinking allows you to squeeze enjoyment from your career, whether you’re a stay-at-home mum or dad or a CEO. It is a simple matter to rediscover the reason you entered your chosen career in the first place, and then augment those reasons in your daily work life.
Additionally, many people who choose to seek out the power of changing our thinking in a positive way; find out the career they have is not the career they want, no matter how much silver lining they drape around their clouds. Once again, changing the way we think and positive thinking steps in to lift you up and settle you into your place in the world.
Here are just a few of the ways changing they way you think along with positive thinking can benefit your career:
• Recognition: When you practice positive thinking, you become more vibrant and alive than you have ever been. You will find that your efforts are recognized and rewarded more often, particularly when you are not expecting recognition. Simply performing your work with a positive attitude to the best of your abilities will make you stand out.
• Promotions and Raises: Those with can-do attitudes advance far faster in the workplace. Using the power of positive thinking increases your confidence and demonstrates your capabilities to handle greater responsibility; and those above you at work will notice and treat you accordingly. You will not only be offered more opportunity; you will find yourself seeking advancement and fulfilment rather than simply waiting for the day to end so you can return to your “real” life. Your career will become a part of what defines you instead of a means of survival that you just “get through.”
• Better Working Environment: You may recall that positive thinking is contagious. Working with a pleasant attitude will improve the attitudes of those around you, or at least your perceptions of them. (Remember perception is projection) You will begin to notice that your workday no longer drags you down as you derive pleasure from your accomplishments and enjoy the company of your co-workers.
• Less Supervision: Most of us know what it’s like to have a supervisor breathing down our necks. When we move to a positive mindset, we showcase our abilities to complete work satisfactorily without excessive direction (or interference). Left to our own devices, we will accomplish far more- and this will become evident to even the most anal of supervisors.
• Dream Job: With positive thinking, you can live your dreams. Whether you choose to seek a new career or transform the job you have into the job you love, you will soon find your career providing everything you imagine it to be.
• Entrepreneurship: Many people long to go into business for themselves, but most fear the consequences of losing the safety and security of working for someone else. Positive thinking frees you from your fear of change, and equips you with the tools you need to not only take steps toward working for yourself, but carry your entrepreneurial vision to success. Whatever your reasons for wanting your own business, you can use positive thinking to bypass the pitfalls that plague most beginning business ventures and realize your dreams of self-employment.
• New opportunities: Positive thinking allows you to visualize possibilities you would have otherwise missed. As you get to know yourself, your values, beliefs and your desires; you will better understand what you’re looking for in a career. You will also have the ability to discover the means to achieve what you want, whether it is improving your current job, getting a promotion or new position, or heading off on your own. There is no limit to the opportunities awaiting you through the power of positive thinking.
Changing your thinking, changing your Results.
Create the career the way you want it? NLP Mind Coaching – Life Coaching with results!
Copyright 2009 Mark J Holland.
All Rights reserved.
I'd love to read your comments below…