Monday, November 2, 2009

The Lies of Psychology

I am on a mission.

I want to prove that what we think we know about the mind, behaviour and change is wrong. I want to prove that our most common problems can be resolved in record time. I want to prove that we can achieve more than we thought possible, live happier more productive lives and push the boundaries of what is possible.

My vision is to help create a world to which people want to belong, in which people are living their highest visions, accomplishing what they want and contributing at the highest level.

What would it be like to live in a world where people were free, empowered, living lives of meaning and purpose… living the lives they want and giving back.

My mission is to help create a self-actualizing by self-actualizing individuals.

It might sound like a pretty lofty vision, but it can be done, and here’s how:

You wouldn’t use a telegraph to send a message – You’d pick up a phone or send an email. We jump to have the latest technology, but when it comes to the mind and change, society clings to outdated methods.

Most talk therapy, counselling and psychology is all about talking. Talk, talk, talk about a problem as if by talking it will go away. If your car stops working, do you talk about it for a hundred dollars an hour… or do you do something about it? The answer is clear.

Change is easy. The question is, How do we keep ourselves from changing?

As humans we have the capacity to change. We have the capacity to change, to free ourselves of what holds us back and to achieve the most incredible things. Look through human history at the countless things people have achieved… things that defy all odds. If you think we cannot change quickly and accomplish incredible things, you’re not seeing reality.

Not only do I know this because I help people prove to themselves everyday that change is possible in minutes… but I know from personal experience.

My nickname in high-school was prince of darkness. Yes. Prince of darkness. I was depressed and in despair for most of my life. I lived in a dark world – I was a master of unhappiness, a master of limited perception and self-sabotage. I was stuck, I was desperate and I began a quest. I began a quest to find the keys to change.

If you have met me, heard me speak or watched my videos, it’s clear that I am no longer a prince of darkness. I didn’t reinvent myself by talking. I tried EVERYTHING, read EVERYTHING, studied EVERYTHING. And guess what I found: Most of everything in psychology and change all theory… but theory doesn’t create change.

We can crush the obstacles that hold us back with ease and speed when we stop looking for why we have problems and when we stop digging into the past. When we understand how a problem works, how you maintain it and sustain it and focus on how you can change, change becomes possible.

If we value science, then we have to listen to what science discovers.

The most recent developments in psychology, linguistics, cognitive science and neuroscience have led to methods and systems such as NLP, Neurosemantics and Meta-Coaching that make the impossible possible. The latest findings from the field of neuroscience proves that the brain is actually plastic, able to rewire itself with each experience that we have.

In his book, The Brain That Changes Itself, Norman Doidge, MD, calls Neuroplasticity "one of the most extraordinary discoveries of the twentieth century."

Why don’t people know about these advances and the methods that put them into practice? Why don’t therapists and psychologists use them? The reason is that most people have bought into the idea that change is hard and painful. We are victims of social conditioning and it’s tough to break free. We have been hypnotized by our culture to believe something that each of us knows inside simply isn’t true.

Have we been told a lie?

We have been led to live a lie. We have been told and taught that if we have a problem we need medication because in this world a pill is the solution to everything. We are told to be realistic and that problems are because of chemical imabalance or genetics and we buy into it. We argue that we are the way we are because of our parents or our experiences or our genes or the weather. But it's a lie... only true as long as you believe it.

Almost everyone has that inkling inside, that deep knowing that they are capable of more, that they have potential waiting to be unleashed, that they can do more, be more, have more… but they don’t know how to unleash it – then we wonder why we aren’t living at a higher level.

It’s time to put the past behind us and embrace a brighter future.
Abraham Maslow advocated that our most natural drive as humans is to self-actualize. We believe the same, and our mission is to show people how to do it.

by David Kynan

I'd love to read your comments below…

Amazon.com